Old 03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
huerochingon

Default Any grant programs for xeriscaping in my area

I live in San Dimas, close to LA County but technically in San
Bernardino County. Does anyone know of any programs or grants which
help homeowners wanting to install eco-friendly or water conserving
landscapes?

Old 04-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Travis

huerochingon wrote:
I live in San Dimas, close to LA County but technically in San
Bernardino County. Does anyone know of any programs or grants which
help homeowners wanting to install eco-friendly or water conserving
landscapes?

Boy this is a hard one. Ask your water utility.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 04-06-2005, 05:13 PM
paghat

In article HBcoe.4836$nr3.1403@trnddc02, "Travis"
wrote:

huerochingon wrote:
I live in San Dimas, close to LA County but technically in San
Bernardino County. Does anyone know of any programs or grants which
help homeowners wanting to install eco-friendly or water conserving
landscapes?

Boy this is a hard one. Ask your water utility.

I want in on this one! I'll plant lots lavender & echinacea if some
utility is really dumbass enough to give me a grant to play in the garden.

I suspect the only "grant" would be the savings on the sewer & water bill.
In some particularly drought-stricken municipalities in southern
California & the southwestern states or in Australia, you can get
municiple funding assistance or no-interest loans to install water-saving
greywater systems & rain-catching systems, which'll still be expensive &
have to factor in savings over a decade to begin saving money on the deal.
But the most you can get for xeriscaping is to not pay the punishing water
rates for using too much.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 06-06-2005, 11:17 PM
huerochingon

Hey, LADWP shade tree project gives people free trees. My utility
company offered me something like $75 when I bought a washing machine.
Why is that dumb? It sounds like they are looking for ways to not only
save on resources but also beautify and restore the landscape. Sounds
okay to me, I just thought I could get a little help since my new yard
is costing a fortune! Sorry for asking ratgirl.