Old 09-06-2005, 08:28 PM
new england gal

Default Endless Summer Hydrangeas in zone 4

I've planted these this year and they are currently in bloom. Di I
deadhead these to promote more boom?

Thanks

Old 17-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Merle O'Broham

I don't have this type in my garden yet, but Monrovia
http://www.monrovia.com/MonroviaWeb....b?OpenDocument
says to do it now. Good luck. Post a link to a pic if you can.

Old 17-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Stephen Henning

Apparently the secret to Endless Summer is that it is a genetic freak
that acts like some hydrangeas that bloom on old wood and some other
hydrangeas that bloom on new wood. Hence, if you can keep the blossoms
on old wood going until the blossoms on new wood kick in then the effect
of constant bloom is better achieved. Deadheading never hurts as long
as you don't disturb buds of new blossoms. It would be nice if they
could do this with lace-cap hydrangeas also.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6
Old 23-06-2005, 08:52 PM
KCnRichmond

"new england gal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've planted these this year and they are currently in bloom. Di I
deadhead these to promote more boom?

Thanks
Great thing about ES hydrangeas....They just keep coming...Get the blooms
while full for arrangements, etc....They will keep blooming...

Old 24-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Travis

KCnRichmond wrote:
"new england gal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've planted these this year and they are currently in bloom. Di
I deadhead these to promote more boom?

Thanks
Great thing about ES hydrangeas....They just keep coming...Get
the blooms while full for arrangements, etc....They will keep
blooming...

Another idiot posting an empty message.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 27-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Travis

KCnRichmond wrote:
"new england gal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've planted these this year and they are currently in bloom.
Di I deadhead these to promote more boom?

Thanks
Great thing about ES hydrangeas....They just keep coming...Get
the blooms while full for arrangements, etc....They will keep
blooming...

Another idiot posting an empty message.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

You replied to "new england gal" but didn't write anything.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

[IMG] code is On

Hydrangea Endless Summer T r a v i s Garden Photos 0 09-07-2007 02:56 AM
Winterization of Endless Summer Hydrangea (zone 4) Rookie Gardening 3 12-09-2006 07:07 PM
Endless Summer in trouble? Ron H Gardening 3 28-09-2005 05:30 AM
Endless questions.. Rob Ponds 10 19-09-2004 12:50 PM
Endless questions.. Rob Ponds 0 17-09-2004 07:50 AM