Old 05-09-2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Winterization of Endless Summer Hydrangea (zone 4)

This will be our first year with Endless Summer Hydrangeas. We are
looking for tips/tricks for winterzation so we a get big beautiful bush
next year.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-09-2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rookie" wrote in message
ups.com...
This will be our first year with Endless Summer Hydrangeas. We are
looking for tips/tricks for winterzation so we a get big beautiful bush
next year.

Any suggestions?

Since no one seems to be able to help you, try here.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hydra/
I am too new at Hydras to help much

Betsy

Old 12-09-2006, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rookie" wrote:

thanks for the help.

anyone else?

The reason Endless Summer Hydrangeas bloom longer is because they start
blooming on old wood and end up blooming on new wood. So don't cut off
any old wood you want to form next years flowers. Usually you would
prune them after they finish blooming on old wood. You could remove the
oldest stalks (previous years) and keep the more recent ones (this
years).

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman