Old 10-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Daniel

Default BIG Squirrel problems

Hi,
I am having some BIG squirrel problems with those guys digging in my plant
containers. I also think they are multiplying like rabbits, so there are
lots of them. I have tried using Cayenne pepper, but it seems they just
love the stuff, since the container soil gets churned up all over. Maybe I
am not using the right brand? What next? mini land mines - just kidding :-)
Thanks,
Dan

Old 10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Doug Kanter

"Daniel" dcxdan AT yahoo DOT com wrote in message
Hi,
I am having some BIG squirrel problems with those guys digging in my plant
containers. I also think they are multiplying like rabbits, so there are
lots of them. I have tried using Cayenne pepper, but it seems they just
love the stuff, since the container soil gets churned up all over. Maybe
am not using the right brand? What next? mini land mines - just kidding
:-)
Thanks,
Dan

Chicken wire and rocks are your friends. Cut it into creative shapes to
cover the soil, but make sure that you make pieces that can be removed
without ripping the plants. Lay it flat on the soil, cover with soil to make
it invisible, and weigh down with an appropriate size rock. Some plants
eventually get big enough and develop a deep enough root system that some
digging won't bother them at all. At that point, you can take out the
chicken wire, if it bothers you.

Chicken wire's also great for keeping those $&@)! lawn rats from digging up
bean & corn seeds before they sprout.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Daniel

Ohhhhhhh.... chicken wire! I had thought of some type of screen for a last
resort - maybe this it it.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
luriko

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:24:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

[...]

This works,,I have tried it.