Old 13-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Halesia monticola - chlorosis

Does anyone know how sensitive Halesia monticola is to cold-induced
chlorosis? I have a couple that are rather chlorotic, and the 'spring'
we have had has been bloody perishing. It is also possible that they
have objected to poor drainage or alkaline water. Any ideas on how
likely they are to go chlorotic with those?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 15-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Mike LaMana

I have grown Halesia tetraptera / monticola in fairly high pH soils and
found them not susceptible to alkaline chloroses.I have also observed no ill
effects of cool damp springs either. Sorry to be of not much help;(

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
NJDEP Approved Forester