Old 14-06-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Foam flower pots any good?

Are those foam flower post that look like stone or
concrete any good? The kind that look real heavy but
are real light when you pick them up?

Do they break down in the sunlight?
Old 15-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
Are those foam flower post that look like stone or
concrete any good? The kind that look real heavy but
are real light when you pick them up?

Do they break down in the sunlight?

They are wonderful. I have had a couple large ones for almost nine years
and they are like new. The only problem I have had with them is with tall
plants. The pots are so light-weight that if you plant anything very tall
in them (like cannas) they can tip over in a high wind. I had a 7 foot high
brugmansia tip over today in a high wind. It was a few days from blooming
and several large branches broke off!

Old 15-06-2005, 04:08 PM

They are wonderful. I have had a couple large ones for almost nine years
and they are like new.

OK

I was just curious if the sunlight broke them down and
made them crumble. I guess not huh?
Old 15-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
They are wonderful. I have had a couple large ones for almost nine years
and they are like new.

OK

I was just curious if the sunlight broke them down and
made them crumble. I guess not huh?

That's not been my experience.