Old 18-06-2005, 01:10 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default Another one to ID...

When I spotted this one I had hoped that one of the flowers I bought
last year was coming back but the leaf pattern isn't the same.

http://members.aol.com/digitalvinyl6...gingBasket.jpg

Probably a boring weed, but I like to know my enemy
So if its bad I want to do it in before those buds finish there job.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph
Old 18-06-2005, 01:26 AM
madgardener

pull a leaf. if the sap is milky, it's spurge, or Euphorbia. wash your
hands if it's milky and you get it on your hands, as it can possibly be
irritating, and if you touch your mouth absently like a lot of us, you could
have a slight reaction to it. that's my best guess. great picture, by the
way.
madgardener

Old 18-06-2005, 02:04 AM
DigitalVinyl

"madgardener" wrote:

pull a leaf. if the sap is milky, it's spurge, or Euphorbia. wash your
hands if it's milky and you get it on your hands, as it can possibly be
irritating, and if you touch your mouth absently like a lot of us, you could
have a slight reaction to it. that's my best guess.

No milky sap. I didn't think it had a sap at all at first. But as I
rolled it around in between my fingers they got sticky. The leaves are
about 3/4" long at the largest, and they have a slight thickness to
them that makes me think they could classify as a succulent plant.
I've got plenty of spotted spurge about but not this one.

I found so many variants online it could easily be one.

great picture, by the way.

Thanks. I love my digital camera.

madgardener
.. .

Old 18-06-2005, 03:00 AM
magnetFL

Hi,

The plant is a species of Chenopodium (common name of Lamb's Quarters
or Goosefoot). I am interested in this group of plants (weeds to most
people) and would be willing to reimburse you for handling and postage
if you obtain seeds.

Thanks!

Rufino Osorio
Lake Worth, Florida