Old 18-06-2005, 02:14 PM
viktor weisshaeupl

Default Yucca - how to eradicate

In our front garden Yuccas have been for probably more than 30 years and
have taken control. Now we want to get rid of them. I have chopped away the
green parts except some, which we still want to see blossom this year. Now
I have started to dig out the roots. From just one spot I have unearthed
already a whole wheel barrel and if I look at the rest, this will mean
altogether a few days of hard work.

Any other way to get rid of them? There are sprouts from the roots and the
roots have so much weight that I think there is a lot of energy in them to
support further sprouting for quite a while if I leave them in the soil.

Poison? Microbes?

Help!

--
Nomen Nescio