Old 27-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Keith Corwell

Default Scotts® Lawn Pro® Super Turf Builder® With SummerGuard™

Hi all
I live in Maryland and it has been very dry. I never had done Fertilizer
in the summer.

What do you all think ?

Should I the yard is brown alreay.

Old 27-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Warren

Keith Corwell wrote:
Hi all
I live in Maryland and it has been very dry. I never had done Fertilizer
in the summer.

What do you all think ?

Should I the yard is brown alreay.

It's brown because it's dried-out, and dormant. Perhaps you watered too
frequently, and not deep enough, and it has a shallow root system to be
going brown so soon. It has stopped growing, and has gone dormant as a
survival mechanism.

If the root system is shallow, and you start watering it now, you'll go
broke trying to keep it watered enough. And if you wake it up, and it goes
dormant a second time, it may not come back.

If you fertilize it now, you might as well be spraying it with RoundUp.
Don't *ever* put fertilizer on anything that's already brown unless your
goal is to kill it while it's dormant.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/

Old 27-06-2005, 03:52 AM

Be a good time to topdress with sifted compost, adding organic material
will give you a bit more drought resistance.