Old 06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Its an explosive and a pitiful attempt at humor by Rev. Stoopid. Blowing the
plant up would only spread pieces far and wide and create more problems
later on when they form even more colonies of the plant.

"pixi" wrote in message
What is a leftover M-80? Haven't been a kid in a long time. Cows and
goats
like the stuff and would clean it out a a week but they would also clean
out
everything else.

"Rev "Fragile Warrior"" wrote in message

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
. ..
You are alluding to the wrong species. Only the pads of Opuntia
ficus-indica are occasionally eaten. Most of the other species have
pads
that are too spiny, too fibrous or unpleasant tasting.

Perhaps some neighborhood kids with leftover M-80s would like to try and
remove it? Sounds like a great science project for the fall...

Old 06-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Rev \Fragile Warrior\

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
. ..
Its an explosive and a pitiful attempt at humor by Rev. Stoopid. Blowing
the plant up would only spread pieces far and wide and create more
problems later on when they form even more colonies of the plant.

Awwwww... did someone try to remove you with a quarter stick on the fourth?
You sound grouchier than normal.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Cereus-validus.......

You hear sounds over the internet?

You're tripping, dude.

You must have celebrated the fourth by imbibing a whole fifth of absinthe.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Rev \Fragile Warrior\

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
m...
You hear sounds over the internet?

You're tripping, dude.

You must have celebrated the fourth by imbibing a whole fifth of absinthe.

Wow. You ARE the King of Comedy. K00l retort, dude. You bees the bestest.

Old 23-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Peter Jason

There is a special moth whose caterpillar grub will chew it to pieces.
I think it's called "Cactoblastis"

"pixi" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of cactus. Any of the sprays I have
used
do nothing and I am too old to dig it all out. Thank you much.

Old 23-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Peter Jason

Are you thinking of Napalm?
Sounds like a real man's solution.

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
You got it.

You have to dig it all up and throw it away.

The only other sure fire method involves a flame thrower and can be very
dangerous.

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:12:53 -0400, "pixi" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of cactus. Any of the sprays I have
used
do nothing and I am too old to dig it all out. Thank you much.

Chop the pads off the main plant and one by one, using full coverage
of 100 mil thick body suit, and gloves, put them into a bag and throw
them away. Any which fall to the ground will root and become a new
plant. I don't know of any sprays which will kill it. Maybe Steve
knows...

[IMG] code is On

Speaking of Prickly Pear Cactus... pixi Gardening 1 16-01-2005 01:46 PM
Prickly Pear Cactus Steve Coyle Texas 8 05-06-2003 09:13 AM
Prickly Pear cactus Jim North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:32 PM
Anybody want a prickly pear cactus? Callen Molenda Gardening 2 06-04-2003 10:08 PM