Old 05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
rosemarie face

Default Blue festuca grass Q.

Hi ! Last year I grew a bunch of blue festuca from seed and planted it
in a gardenbed . This year the grass is doing nicely . My question is :
Do I leave the flowering stalks alone or do I have to cut them off or
something ? They are light brown colored and the rest of the grass has
the pretty blue . Any advise would be great ! Oh , one other question .
Should I deadhead my Gaillardias flowers . Thanks for your help !

Rosie z5 IN

Old 06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
David Ross

rosemarie face wrote:

Hi ! Last year I grew a bunch of blue festuca from seed and planted it
in a gardenbed . This year the grass is doing nicely . My question is :
Do I leave the flowering stalks alone or do I have to cut them off or
something ? They are light brown colored and the rest of the grass has
the pretty blue . Any advise would be great ! Oh , one other question .
Should I deadhead my Gaillardias flowers . Thanks for your help !

Rosie z5 IN

I shear off the fescue flowers when the turn brown, only because
they start to look shabby.
You might also want to remove them before they scatter more seed
(unless, of course, you want them to reseed). Mine are in a flower
bed, in well-spaced individual clumps along the edge. I only want
them where they were planted.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See URL:http://www.mozilla.org/.

[IMG] code is On

In my garden July 27 Honeybee Airways 123, now arriving on the Blue Concourse (actually a Blue Butterfly delphinium.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 29-07-2009 05:00 PM
POE 2007 - Vanda Pakchong Blue 'Devera' - deep blue LARGE vanda Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 28-02-2007 05:19 AM
Festuca Glauca Ade United Kingdom 2 30-05-2006 07:46 PM
planting blue rug juniper and blue star juniper sams Gardening 1 24-04-2004 01:02 PM
Blue Tomatoes/Blue tomatoe seeds old whats his name Edible Gardening 2 23-04-2003 06:32 AM