Old 30-05-2006, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ade

Default Festuca Glauca

Last year I bought some blue fescue grass, which grew well. This year it's
formed a tall, brown, dead clump in the centre, with live grass growing from
the dead bits. It's really ugly now. Is this the nature of the beast?
Other than replanting it deep to cover the ugly growth, what can be done?

Thanks.

Old 30-05-2006, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Ade" writes:

| Last year I bought some blue fescue grass, which grew well. This year it's
| formed a tall, brown, dead clump in the centre, with live grass growing from
| the dead bits. It's really ugly now. Is this the nature of the beast?
| Other than replanting it deep to cover the ugly growth, what can be done?

Well, that would solve the problem - by killing it.

It normally overwinters well, but may have suffered from the wet (it is
a dry terrain grass). You can clip the dead stuff off with shears.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 30-05-2006, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:11:42 GMT, "Ade" wrote:

Last year I bought some blue fescue grass, which grew well. This year it's
formed a tall, brown, dead clump in the centre, with live grass growing from
the dead bits. It's really ugly now. Is this the nature of the beast?
Other than replanting it deep to cover the ugly growth, what can be done?

Thanks.

I give mine a haircut every spring with a pair of shears. Possibly a
bit late to do it this year, although most grasses aren't easily
killed by simply clipping.

--
Chris

Troubled Lawson cypress 'columnaris glauca' Emery Davis[_3_] United Kingdom 3 05-12-2013 02:01 PM
B glauca K Barrett Orchid Photos 9 25-02-2007 04:56 PM
Blue festuca grass Q. rosemarie face Gardening 1 06-07-2005 10:28 PM
Yucca glauca question chirisophus Gardening 1 21-05-2003 06:32 PM