Old 09-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Sterling

Default Rose Campion propagation

Rose Campion, Bloody Mary, Bloody William. Lychnis coronaria

When you cut back the stalks on the campions after blooming, you can cut
sections and root them. You want a pair of leaves on a piece of stalk
that is about 2-4" long. Just stick them in the dirt in a kinda shady
place and move them when they are bigger, in the fall. These cuttings
are about 1 month old and you can see the old tattered big leaves and
the new growth in the center. These will bloom next spring. And before
somebody jumps me on this, I will say that I know this to work in the
Atlanta area. Your zone may differ!

This also works really well on penstemons and alpine wallflowers.

I just posted a pix of the 'babies' over on the
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens newsgroup

[IMG] code is On

Rose Campion Red Boyle Gardening 5 03-11-2014 05:33 AM
rose campion janet Gardening 0 24-06-2009 01:27 PM
Good book on rose propagation? George V. Roberts Jr. Roses 5 02-11-2004 11:46 PM
Looking for a rose cuttings for propagation Bluebee Sky North Carolina 0 07-09-2004 09:52 PM
Campion with double flowers Travis Gardening 1 19-06-2003 01:56 AM