Old 09-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Craig

Default Do Earwigs damage garden plants ?

I have an insect problem in my garden, mainly the Broccoli and the
Collards and the green bean leaves are being totally eaten away by
something.
Small holes to large holes in the leaves to entire leaves being eaten
and of course really hurting the plants.

I thought it was a slug problem though I didnt go out at night and
look.

I put some slug traps out last night with beer, and this morning I
didnt see any slugs in them at all,
But they were all completely filled with earwigs.

Could these earwigs be what is eating the plants ?

Thank You
Craig