Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2005, 09:03 PM
G Burton

There are a couple of things I forgot to mention.

I live in Western Garden zone 14

My soil is clay with a wimply layer of topsoil.

I have used Gypsom (in the form of Soil Buster) in the past, and (like the Kellogs Topper) I don't know how much it is helping. I would like comments on that too. I now have some pure Gypsom instead of the Soil Buster.

I will monitor this posting for a while to see what I can learn before I do anything, but unless I get some better ideas I plan to:

1) Put down more gypsom
2) Put down more Kellog's Topper.
"G Burton" wrote in message ...
I have dry spots in the lawn. More watering would overwater the rest of the lawn. Spot watering does not work well with my work schedule. The dry spots are about 3 feet from sprinker heads, so it may be that much of the spray goes over them, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with other sprinker heads. I don't see how I can manipulate the sprinkers to improve the spray.

I have a way of dealing with the dry spots, but I am an amature, and I'm not sure my method is the best -- or is even working, for that matter.. What I have done in the past is pour some spongy soil on top of the dry spots in the expectation that it will retain the moisture. I have used Kellogs Topper to pour directly on top of the dry spots. It seems to work, but I'm not sure. I have seen improvement in some spots, but not the worst ones. That may be because I didn't put enough on.

Is this a good plan?

Is there a better plan?

Background:
I confirmed that it is dry spots by pushing a screwdriver into it. Screwdriver only goes in about 1.5" in the dry spots, but I can push it in to most of my lawn fairly easily to about 6"
--
Loudette Burton

Black irregular dry spots on my courgette leaves. Mohfro Edible Gardening 2 27-05-2010 11:45 AM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspp Unique Too Roses 7 16-05-2003 04:08 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspppOOOTTTSSSS!!!!!! Roger Roses 6 12-05-2003 10:56 PM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk Radika Kesavan Roses 0 11-05-2003 04:44 PM