Old 11-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Scott

Default gas trimmer engine problem

I have a small weed eater gas trimmer. When the engine warms up and I give
it full throttle, the engine cuts out. With partial throttle it's fine. Is
there some sort of adjustment I can make to fix this? It sounds like a
problem with mixture or something.

- Scott

Old 11-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Stubby

Scott wrote:
I have a small weed eater gas trimmer. When the engine warms up and I give
it full throttle, the engine cuts out. With partial throttle it's fine. Is
there some sort of adjustment I can make to fix this? It sounds like a
problem with mixture or something.

It could be overheating. Check the fins and air path.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Oscar_Lives

"Scott" wrote in message
I have a small weed eater gas trimmer. When the engine warms up and I give
it full throttle, the engine cuts out. With partial throttle it's fine.
Is
there some sort of adjustment I can make to fix this? It sounds like a
problem with mixture or something.

- Scott

Sounds like a bad spark plug to me, or else the air filter and/or exhaust
ports are plugged.

Old 13-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Mel M Kelly

Could be the high speed jet in the carb. needs a slight adjustment.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 17-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Pagan

"Scott" wrote in message
I have a small weed eater gas trimmer. When the engine warms up and I

give
it full throttle, the engine cuts out. With partial throttle it's fine.

Is
there some sort of adjustment I can make to fix this? It sounds like a
problem with mixture or something.

May be dirt is clogging the fuel line or carb. The smaller the engine, the
more sensitive it is to dirt in the fuel. Of course, it's less likely to
have a fuel filter, and it's easier to get dirt in the dang thing in the
first place.

Pagan