Old 11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
John H.

Default bark!

Hi
I've been using redwood bark as a weed barrier for years, but I dont like
the way it decays and builds up the level of the soil.
Is there anything else I can use for a weed barrier short of that fabric
stuff that wont decay?
regards
John

Old 12-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Doug Kanter

"John H." wrote in message
Hi
I've been using redwood bark as a weed barrier for years, but I dont like
the way it decays and builds up the level of the soil.
Is there anything else I can use for a weed barrier short of that fabric
stuff that wont decay?
regards
John

The decay is adding organic matter to the soil. How do the plants look? Nice
& healthy for the most part?

Old 12-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:17:54 -0700, "John H."
wrote:

Hi
I've been using redwood bark as a weed barrier for years, but I dont like
the way it decays and builds up the level of the soil.
Is there anything else I can use for a weed barrier short of that fabric
stuff that wont decay?
regards
John

Try shredded hardwood mulch. There is some new stuff that is double
shredded that can be obtained at a garden supply in bulk.

Thunder
Old 12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Stubby

wrote:

Hi
I've been using redwood bark as a weed barrier for years, but I dont like
the way it decays and builds up the level of the soil.
Is there anything else I can use for a weed barrier short of that fabric
stuff that wont decay?
regards
John

Try shredded hardwood mulch. There is some new stuff that is double
shredded that can be obtained at a garden supply in bulk.

Shredded wood will steal the nitrogen from your soil.

Old 13-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Oscar_Lives

wrote:
Hi
I've been using redwood bark as a weed barrier for years, but I dont like
the way it decays and builds up the level of the soil.
Is there anything else I can use for a weed barrier short of that fabric
stuff that wont decay?
regards
John

Try shredded hardwood mulch. There is some new stuff that is double
shredded that can be obtained at a garden supply in bulk.

Shredded wood will steal the nitrogen from your soil.

Call the timber police.

Snake bark maple - dead bark kay United Kingdom 8 24-05-2010 09:32 AM
[IBC] Azaleas Shedding Bark mep5380 Bonsai 1 15-03-2003 09:56 PM
Bark or Cocoa husk Kevin & Karin United Kingdom 9 04-03-2003 09:36 AM
pine bark mulch Susan Gardening 2 02-03-2003 12:27 PM
Goats ate tree's bark Menk45 Lawns 2 25-02-2003 05:53 AM