Old 14-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Jon Hirschman

Default Watering the Grass

Is it better to water the grass a little bit more frequently or a lot at one
time less often?

Old 14-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:08:16 GMT, "Jon Hirschman"
wrote:

Is it better to water the grass a little bit more frequently or a lot at one
time less often?

As deeply and infrequently as possible...

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold
Old 14-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Steveo

"Jon Hirschman" wrote:
Is it better to water the grass a little bit more frequently or a lot at
one time less often?

Deep watering is best.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 14-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Stubby

Steveo wrote:
"Jon Hirschman" wrote:

Is it better to water the grass a little bit more frequently or a lot at
one time less often?

Deep watering is best.

Ditto. I just heard it on the Paul Parent show this morning. Deep
watering minimizes evaporation loss. It's best to have a grass with
deep roots such as Tall Fescue. Black Beauty, Lofts Rebel II, etc.
Old 14-08-2005, 05:13 PM
rw

We use a rain guage to monitor how much rain fall we got during the
week and then make up the difference with a deep soaking on either Sat
or Sunday.

Thought this might also be helpful ...

http://www.gilmour.com/Watering_Hose...teringtips.asp

Grass is seeding and watering question Jme Ponds (moderated) 13 28-05-2007 08:47 PM
WTB: Grass or Silk Grass, HELP! DinkyShop Gardening 1 16-12-2003 01:04 AM
selective herbicides: Liriope and Japanese Stilt Grass- bamboo grass? Doctoroe Gardening 2 21-08-2003 01:32 AM
Watering grass Twanger Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:56 PM
Watering grass Twanger Lawns 1 16-10-2002 02:41 PM