Old 16-08-2005, 11:09 AM
geezer

Default Removing stains in toilet bowl?

I have brownish stains around inside top of toilet bowl. What is an
easy (but effective) way to remove them?

I tried a recommended 'trick' of using coca cola, but could find no
way to keep the bowl filled to the top so the coca cola could 'soak'.
I don't know if that would have worked anyway.

What do you do?

Thanks
Old 16-08-2005, 02:38 PM

Get a rust remover product made for that purpose. The home centers
have them, usually in the plumbing area, or else with cleaning
products. They are amazingly effective, just squirting it on will make
moderate stains disappear in seconds.

Old 25-08-2005, 06:00 PM

What is an easy (but effective) way to remove them?

Use a product called "Iron out". Dump some in the tank, let sit. Dump
some in the bowl, let sit, then scrub the stains with the iron out in
the water.

Works pretty good.

Kirb

Old 25-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Stubby

geezer wrote:
I have brownish stains around inside top of toilet bowl. What is an
easy (but effective) way to remove them?

I tried everything for years and nothing worked. Finally, "The
Kerry(sp?) Brothers" radio program pointed me to oxalic acid.
"Stainless Steel Cleaner" (spray can) and "Bartenders' Friend" are two
products. The problem is that the stains are permangantes, not rust
(iron oxide).

Old 25-08-2005, 09:48 PM

The problem is that the stains are permangantes, not rust (iron oxide).

Depends on where you live.

Kirb

Old 29-08-2005, 05:52 AM

And just how do I get the water to stay in the bowl - filled?

You don't. That is what scrubbing with the water in the bowl is for.

Kirb

Mahogany Deck Stains Tom Haley Lawns 0 19-03-2005 07:52 PM
Seeking advice about brown stains on rocks in pond please george Ponds 9 02-12-2004 03:22 AM
Seeking advice about brown stains on rocks in pond please nb Ponds 12 02-12-2004 03:22 AM
Driveway oil stains Bobby Gardening 12 22-04-2003 01:56 PM
Driveway oil stains Bobby United Kingdom 10 22-04-2003 07:32 AM