Old 17-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Guv Bob

Default Heating up Joolie's green house (0/1)

I am trying to hep out that old gal. So wood yew all pleez
take a look at this hyar thang a muh BoB!? I done posted it
over yonderway at...
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

I ain't never made sech of a thang as this but (and this is
a big butt) I don't see why it wooden work! Dew yew!?? I
meen this is how they make solar furnaces and so forth and
so on. It wooden exactly melt steel, butt it mite put out
enough heat to keep the frost off the punkins!

No, hit ain't a patentable thang - these thangs bin made
before. And it costs ever bit of $5 or less to make, so
jest try this hyar thang out and post the outcome!

Guv BoB
www.geocities.com/guvbob2003

Old 17-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Steveo

"Guv Bob" wrote:
jest try this hyar thang out and post the outcome!

10-4
Old 17-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Guv Bob

Whoops - done all reddy left out won of thee importunt
parts..... Yew have to insulate the outlet pipe reel good.
Best to use some kindly of plastic pipe and not steel/metal
and so forth.

Old 17-09-2005, 09:38 PM
militiaguy

Onliest problem I got with it is thet you used up aloonuem foil what could
have been used to make a beanie to reflektocate them mind control waves from
the international space station. Lord man...dont ya know there is a war on?

But I did make a solar cooker oncest and used discarded aluminized mylar
(truest story) An it cooked taters and carrots jest fine. So I don't see why
your invention wooden work as long as the pipe is insulated reel good and
off the ground a bit. Course how cold it is outside might have somethin to
do with it. My solar cooker was propped off the ground with a small piece of
2X4 an it would bout boil water. But I never did try it in the winter
though.

One thought...maybe puttin a layer of clear plastic over the exposed pipe
would help keep the air around the pipe warmer.
I used one of them plastic turkey cookin bags and put a mason jar painted
black in it and blew into it. (provided the needed CO2) an put it in the
center of the funnel shaped solar cooker. It got so hot that you would burn
your fingers if ya touched the jar with bare hands after only 1 hour.

Old 19-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Guv Bob

"militiaguy" wrote

One thought...maybe puttin a layer of clear plastic over

the exposed pipe
would help keep the air around the pipe warmer.
I used one of them plastic turkey cookin bags and put a

mason jar painted
black in it and blew into it. (provided the needed CO2) an

put it in the
center of the funnel shaped solar cooker. It got so hot

that you would burn
your fingers if ya touched the jar with bare hands after

only 1 hour.

Sounds like a winner, Beav. What did yew stuff the turkey
with?

Guv "Mr. Wizard" BoB

Old 19-09-2005, 03:39 PM
vikigal

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
I am trying to hep out that old gal. So wood yew all pleez
take a look at this hyar thang a muh BoB!? I done posted it
over yonderway at...
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

I ain't never made sech of a thang as this but (and this is
a big butt) I don't see why it wooden work! Dew yew!?? I
meen this is how they make solar furnaces and so forth and
so on. It wooden exactly melt steel, butt it mite put out
enough heat to keep the frost off the punkins!

No, hit ain't a patentable thang - these thangs bin made
before. And it costs ever bit of $5 or less to make, so
jest try this hyar thang out and post the outcome!

Guv BoB
www.geocities.com/guvbob2003

I hadn't been over thar to that perticlar group afore. Thanks for the idee.
hit looks like a good un. Thinks I'll lurk round thar awile to check it
out.
Yore thang-a-ma-jiggy looks like hit mite work. Neat idea anyway. v

Old 21-09-2005, 02:46 AM
militiaguy

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
"militiaguy" wrote

One thought...maybe puttin a layer of clear plastic over

the exposed pipe
would help keep the air around the pipe warmer.
I used one of them plastic turkey cookin bags and put a

mason jar painted
black in it and blew into it. (provided the needed CO2) an

put it in the
center of the funnel shaped solar cooker. It got so hot

that you would burn
your fingers if ya touched the jar with bare hands after

only 1 hour.

Sounds like a winner, Beav. What did yew stuff the turkey
with?

Teeniest lil giblets you ever seen.