Old 12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
MicrowaveDisplay.com

Default Can you ID this rototiller?

PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.

It runs, but the throttle cable is mostly missing, so it is not fully
controllable right now.

The engine is a Briggs, but I don't believe the carburetor is the
original.

I want to be able to get this set up and adjusted to use for my
gardening.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

William Miller, AS-EET

http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
We repair microwave display boards by mail - $32.50 most cases

Old 12-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Dennis Brothers

"MicrowaveDisplay.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.

It runs, but the throttle cable is mostly missing, so it is not fully
controllable right now.

The engine is a Briggs, but I don't believe the carburetor is the
original.

I want to be able to get this set up and adjusted to use for my
gardening.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

William Miller, AS-EET

http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
We repair microwave display boards by mail - $32.50 most cases

Might be a Troy-Bilt - they were one of the few (if not only) manufacturers
of rear-tine tillers for a long while.

- Dennis Brothers

Old 13-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Oscar_Lives

"MicrowaveDisplay.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.

It runs, but the throttle cable is mostly missing, so it is not fully
controllable right now.

The engine is a Briggs, but I don't believe the carburetor is the
original.

I want to be able to get this set up and adjusted to use for my
gardening.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

William Miller, AS-EET

http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
We repair microwave display boards by mail - $32.50 most cases

Looks like a Snapper to me.

Old 13-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Dave

MicrowaveDisplay.com wrote:
PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.
[...]

Doesn't look like a Troybilt. Might be an old Craftsman.

Old 13-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Greg O

"tom&sue" wrote in message
A wheel horse by troybilt??????

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors! They
merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would guess the
age as mid/late 60's
Greg

Old 13-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Greg O" wrote in message

"tom&sue" wrote in message
A wheel horse by troybilt??????

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors!
They merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would
guess the age as mid/late 60's
Greg

Don't you have Toro and Troybilt confused ?

Old 13-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Greg O

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Greg O" wrote in message

"tom&sue" wrote in message
A wheel horse by troybilt??????

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors!
They merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would
guess the age as mid/late 60's
Greg

Don't you have Toro and Troybilt confused ?

Probably! After I think about it MTD owns Troy-Built. Toro sucked up Wheel
Horse a few years back. At any rate at the time that tiller was built, all
of them were competitors!
Greg

Old 14-11-2005, 03:28 AM
chip

"Greg O" wrote in message

"tom&sue" wrote in message
A wheel horse by troybilt??????

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors!
They merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would
guess the age as mid/late 60's
Greg

Don't you have Toro and Troybilt confused ?

Probably! After I think about it MTD owns Troy-Built. Toro sucked up Wheel
Horse a few years back. At any rate at the time that tiller was built, all
of them were competitors!
Greg

late 60's judging by the oil bath air filter. looks like an old
Hahn.
Chip
Old 05-12-2005, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
MicrowaveDisplay.com

I have several photos of the carburetor at
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/tiller_carb.htm

You can reply via the e-mail link at that page. Thanks for the help!

Old 05-12-2005, 04:31 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
MicrowaveDisplay.com

I have several photos of the carburetor at
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/tiller_carb.htm

You can reply via the e-mail link at that page. Thanks for the help!

Can you ID this rototiller? MicrowaveDisplay.com Gardening 9 05-12-2005 04:31 AM
rototiller Derek Ball Roses 0 03-07-2004 06:02 AM
Need Users Manual for Statesman Rototiller Darlene Gardening 0 31-03-2004 04:03 AM
root brand rototiller Dwight Trumbower Gardening 2 21-05-2003 12:32 AM
Rototiller question? mgbgt Gardening 3 21-02-2003 02:15 PM