Old 26-12-2005, 01:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim

Default Poison Ivy Seeds!

If they're like most other ivy, just take some cuttings and transplant. I
won't ask why you want this particular foliage.

--
Jonny
"Ivy Fan" wrote in message
.. .
Hi!

I took a while and checked all possible online shops. But they aren't
selling poison ivy seeds. So could it be possible to send few grams by
mail, if possible please?

For personal email use:

I would be happy and pay using paypal.

Best Regards,
Ivy Fan / Finland

Old 26-12-2005, 06:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Anthony B

"Ivy Fan" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:03:56 GMT, "Jim"
wrote:

If they're like most other ivy, just take some cuttings and transplant. I
won't ask why you want this particular foliage.

I want to use it preventing trespassing. I already have hawthorn
planted there. But if people just keep going trough it then there will
be hole and no can do. Ok, some nasty roses might do the job but I
guess poison ivy would be annoying enough.

Also Stinging Nette grows here naturally all around in large bushes
but it has the same problem as hawthorn. It's gone quite soon. And
even its nasty its not painful enough to prevent trespassing. People
easily learn to avoid it.

Poison ivy doesn't grow here naturally so people don't know to avoid
it. hawthorn spikes aren't enough small and sharp so if you wear jeans
so so and anything more than t-shirt it's easy to go trough and it
doesn't rip your clothes.

And yes, now you know the reason too. Poison Ivy doesn't grow here
eastern Finland, temperatures are quite similar to Anchorage / Alaska.
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't grow here if it's planted. So I
just need some seeds.

Transplanting should work very well. If I just would have a plant.

Sample of popular hawthorn fence (finnish text).
http://www.puutarhaneuvonta.com/neuv...asleikkaus.htm

Very though and long spikes. Able to penetrate car tires easily. But
doesn't go trough clothing easily if you just have some kind of hole
in fence.

IvyFan,
Have you conisedered some form of wire fencing to keep trespassers out of
the hawthorns until they have properly grown together?

Anthony B

Old 28-12-2005, 10:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bill Kearney

Poison ivy doesn't grow here naturally so...

So don't transplant a foreign species, especially not a weed.
Old 30-12-2005, 10:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
David Raleigh Arnold

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:06:45 -0500, Anthony B wrote:

"Ivy Fan" wrote in message
[...]

String barbed wire and grow your bushes up around it. Growing poison ivy
would probably get you arrested. daveA

Old 31-12-2005, 04:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
willshak

wrote:

[...]

Do you have Japanese Barberry bushes (Berberis thunbergii) there? They
are thorny and can be shaped and are quite nice looking, especially with
the red berries. It is used to keep all manner of animals out. I had
them along a property line some years ago and were trimmed to about 3'
tall and 2' wide. They formed a continuous barrier along the property line.

--
Bill

IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy Seeds! Flyingmonk Lawns 0 02-01-2006 08:21 AM
Poison Ivy Seeds! Dean A. Markley Lawns 0 31-12-2005 05:54 PM
Poison Ivy Seeds! Pat Lawns 0 27-12-2005 12:05 AM
Poison Ivy Seeds! Anthony B Lawns 0 26-12-2005 06:04 PM