Old 22-02-2006, 09:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
john

Default Help - Moss in lawn

Moved to new house. Lawn has some areas with lots of moss. Is there anything
I can use other than the stuff in the bags? It seems that is always wet
inside and doesnt go through my rotary spreader very well. Does anyone make
some kind of spray???

Thanks,
John

Old 23-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Registered User

Location: Uk, Lincolnshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Moved to new house. Lawn has some areas with lots of moss. Is there anything
I can use other than the stuff in the bags? It seems that is always wet
inside and doesnt go through my rotary spreader very well. Does anyone make
some kind of spray???

Thanks,
John
yep they do...http://www.turfshop.co.uk/browse.php...f560e91c98c408
though you could try to store your lawn sand in a dry place and cover your hopper when applying.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

john wrote:
Moved to new house. Lawn has some areas with lots of moss. Is there anything
I can use other than the stuff in the bags? It seems that is always wet
inside and doesnt go through my rotary spreader very well. Does anyone make
some kind of spray???

Moss (and mushrooms!) do not like sweet soil. So, apply lime (not
limestone).