Old 15-03-2006, 08:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

Default Grass Food

"newsreader" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
I saw a program the other day that spoke about using a can of beer and

some
other household ingredients, mixing them and using the sprayer container
with the hose to feed the lawn. Does anyone have any recipes that may

work
and if so, can they list the ingredients and how much per square feet?

I'm
in NJ.

Thanks,
Mike

Sounds like you were watching Jerry Baker. That guy sure does cook up
some crazy concoctions.

I've had reasonable success getting a quick green-up using whatever
brand liquid spray fertilizers the local hardware or box store happens
to have on sale. IME the greening effect doesn't last long.

In some cases spraying an Iron/trace mix will have a dramatic effect as
well, results vary dramatically depending on your soil type & it's
deficiencies, if any.

You may be better drinking the beer and urinating on your lawn, thereby
adding natural urea to it. Depending on the size of your lawn you may have
to drink a shit load of beer. Good luck.

rob

Old 15-03-2006, 01:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jonny

Mike wrote:
[...]

No. The uric salts in urine attack the roots. Discolors the grass, and
inhibits growth.
--
Jonny

Old 15-03-2006, 01:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

"Jonny" wrote in message
link.net...
"George.com" wrote in message

You may be better drinking the beer and urinating on your lawn, thereby
adding natural urea to it. Depending on the size of your lawn you may
have
to drink a shit load of beer. Good luck.

rob

No. The uric salts in urine attack the roots. Discolors the grass, and
inhibits growth.
--
Jonny

That's not been my experience. Done correctly it greens up the lawn quite
nicely.

Old 15-03-2006, 02:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Zeppo

My dog's urine has been leaving large brown spots on the grass in my yard.
Think I need to up their beer intake?

Jon

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Jonny" wrote in message
link.net...

Old 15-03-2006, 07:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Rolling Thunder

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:45:45 -0500, "Zeppo"
wrote:

My dog's urine has been leaving large brown spots on the grass in my yard.
Think I need to up their beer intake?

Jon

I think it depends on location. In North Texas, wherever the dog
urinated, the bermuda grass turned green. Whereas, in CO and
NC the same dog killed the grass. CO had bluegrass and
NC tall fescue. Same dog and same feed. Maybe it's in the
water, ha!

Thunder
Old 16-03-2006, 12:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Especially if you let the bitch **** on the grass.
Old 16-03-2006, 12:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

"Chas Hurst" wrote:

No. The uric salts in urine attack the roots. Discolors the grass,
and inhibits growth.
--
Jonny

That's not been my experience. Done correctly it greens up the lawn quite
nicely.

Don't let the bitch do it.
Old 16-03-2006, 12:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

"Zeppo" wrote:
My dog's urine has been leaving large brown spots on the grass in my
yard. Think I need to up their beer intake?

Jon

No. Duct tape a pair of nutz on it.
Old 16-03-2006, 12:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

"Chas Hurst" wrote:
I have no idea. It's worth a try.

That would make a good sig file for this group.

Old 16-03-2006, 08:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
I have no idea. It's worth a try.

"Zeppo @hotmail.com" zepponospam wrote in message
My dog's urine has been leaving large brown spots on the grass in my

yard.
Think I need to up their beer intake?

Jon

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Jonny" wrote in message
link.net...
"George.com" wrote in message

You may be better drinking the beer and urinating on your lawn,
thereby
adding natural urea to it. Depending on the size of your lawn you

may
have
to drink a shit load of beer. Good luck.

rob

No. The uric salts in urine attack the roots. Discolors the grass,
and
inhibits growth.
--
Jonny

That's not been my experience. Done correctly it greens up the lawn

quite
nicely.

so obviously we all need to set up a trial patch on our lawn, **** on it
every day and see what effect it has.