Old 01-04-2006, 03:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

Default grass seed

"JillAdams" wrote in message
if you keep the seed damp. yes it will grow

mo wrote:
If I throw fescue seed on an existing lawn will it grow or
do I have to work it into the soil?

but make sure it is in contact with the dirt. If you are sowing in on a bald
patch maybe try placing a little bit of sand (without swamping it) over it
to keep in place and contact with dirt. If you are seeding it in already
gropwing turf the heavier the seed the better chance it has of doing. By
heavy, you can get seed cotaed with a bird repellent or fertiliser which are
heavier than seed by itself. It has a better chance of geting down to soil
level when you broadcast it.

rob

Old 01-04-2006, 06:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
mo

Old 01-04-2006, 09:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JillAdams