Old 13-05-2006, 11:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

Default Interesting worm facts

Some interesting facts for worm denyers. If people still think worms are an
option in their gardens or lawns this will put them right. I was a little
surprised by some of the stats quoted here, impressive stuff. It confirms
what we all know, to encourage worms have good availability of organic
material including organic fertilisers, eliminate or at least reduce
dramatically the pesticides and fungicides and easy on the synthetic
fertilisers. Kill your worms and kill your soil. Don't be like me who used
to dump litres of toxic shit onto my lawn and top it off with a high
nitrogen synthetic fertiliser (grass on steroids). Luckily my worms survived
my neglect. Some of the worms listed here are NZ residents so you may not
get them.

http://www.gardenscience.co.nz/soil/...earthworms.htm