Old 18-06-2006, 10:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Rich

Default oil

With several 2cycle engines for lawn care im going crazy mixing different
gas and oil ratios for weed eater, blower, tiller, chain saw. I have heard
about some 2cycle oils that can be mixed at one ratio and can be used in any
2cycle you have.Anyone out therever used them and what did you think.

Old 18-06-2006, 10:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

"Rich" wrote in message
With several 2cycle engines for lawn care im going crazy mixing different
gas and oil ratios for weed eater, blower, tiller, chain saw. I have heard
about some 2cycle oils that can be mixed at one ratio and can be used in
any 2cycle you have.Anyone out therever used them and what did you think.

Use a synthetic 100:1 oil. One size fits all.

Old 19-06-2006, 01:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"Rich" wrote in message
With several 2cycle engines for lawn care im going crazy mixing different
gas and oil ratios for weed eater, blower, tiller, chain saw. I have heard
about some 2cycle oils that can be mixed at one ratio and can be used in
any 2cycle you have.Anyone out therever used them and what did you think.

I have several chain saws (Homelite & McCullogh), and a Mantis tiller. I
buy quarts of general purpose 2 cycle oil at Walmart and use one mix heavy
on the oil. Been that way for years - no trouble yet (knock on wood).

Old 19-06-2006, 03:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:53:20 -0500, Rich wrote:

With several 2cycle engines for lawn care im going crazy mixing different
gas and oil ratios for weed eater, blower, tiller, chain saw. I have heard
about some 2cycle oils that can be mixed at one ratio and can be used in
any 2cycle you have.Anyone out therever used them and what did you think.

I run everything on on a 50:1 mix. I'm running my machines everyday and
have done so for years. I've never burnt up a machine yet. I run opti-2
oil :
www.opti2-4.com

Imho it is the best on the market and worth every penny.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/
Old 20-06-2006, 05:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

have mower shop. we mix sthil oil,or echo oil according to the bottle
and use it in everything we service. these oils are high quality
synthetic designed to run the fastest of engines. that 100 to 1 mix is
ok ,but be sure you get it mixed exactly , too thin and your cylinder
will score.. lucas