Old 15-07-2006, 02:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave

Default Strange tree/animal problem

Over the past few days, I have observed a number of twigs & branches from
one of the maple tree's in my yard scattered about the yard. They appear to
be cut at an angle but it is not a shear cut, more ragged. I suspect an
animal is doing this and am looking for a way to stop it. I have no idea
what animal is involved. I live in a rural subdivision. I have not seen
this occur before and none of my neighbor's are experiencing it. Any clues
what animal might be causing this and how I can prevent it?

Dave

Old 16-07-2006, 01:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Carolyn

Squirrels. They do the same to my sunburst locust tree. They break off
small branches to make a nest sometimes. I don't know how you can prevent
it. Maybe that is nature's way of natural pruning? :-)