Old 10-09-2006, 08:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Grass Bagger Not Working

John Deere rear engine sx-92 runs great but the rear bagger chute gets
clogged up.
I dont cut when wet and I cleaned the inside of the plastic chute that
runs from the side discharge then up and back to the 2 bags. I haven't
however cleaned the cutting deck as good as I'd like to but it had
worked before. Can anyone help? I will greatly appreciate it.

Tony C.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

If the bags themselves are clogged up they will impede the airflow that is
required to blow the clippings into the bags. Try using a pressure washer,
or a good spray nozzle on your garden hose to wash the gunk off of the bags.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Tony Deb" wrote in message
John Deere rear engine sx-92 runs great but the rear bagger chute gets
clogged up.
I dont cut when wet and I cleaned the inside of the plastic chute that
runs from the side discharge then up and back to the 2 bags. I haven't
however cleaned the cutting deck as good as I'd like to but it had
worked before. Can anyone help? I will greatly appreciate it.

Tony C.

My Craftsman mower came with a much blades that worked so-so with the
bagging attachment I added. I bought a set of Oregon bagger blades that work
much better, allowing me to mow in one gear faster and get a better cut. If
you already have such blades or don't care to change, I suggest mowing more
often or using a slower mowing speed. Do you run the engine at the
recommended speed for mowing?

Old 10-09-2006, 08:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Tony Deb wrote:
John Deere rear engine sx-92 runs great but the rear bagger chute gets
clogged up.
I dont cut when wet and I cleaned the inside of the plastic chute that
runs from the side discharge then up and back to the 2 bags. I haven't
however cleaned the cutting deck as good as I'd like to but it had
worked before. Can anyone help? I will greatly appreciate it.

Tony C.

Clean under the mower deck. Triangular grass fillets form on the housing
between the blades disrupting the air flow. The furthest blades from the
chute will then just spin the clippings around rather than directing
them along the housing to the chute. Also, make sure you have enough rpm
to blow the clippings to the chute and up.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY