Old 13-11-2006, 04:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Riding Mower, Mulching Blade and Leaves Question

Hello,

I have a question regarding the use of my Snapper Riding Mower for
picking up leaves that I hope somebody might be able to answer.
For some time, I have been thinking of using a clamshell attachment
with a hose to pick up the many oak and maple leaves that fall from my
neighbor's yards on to my property. The problem however is this: my
Snapper dealer has told me that although the leaf attachment works very
well with a regular (non-mulching) blade, that is not what I have on my
machine. I don't feel competent to change the blade and having somebody
else do it (even the dealer) does not seem to be possible at this time
either. And thus, my question: would the attachment's performance with
a muching blade be so bad that it would not be worth the trouble and
cost of getting it?
Many thanks, in advance, for any guidance or advice that you might be
able to offer.

Christopher

Old 13-11-2006, 05:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Based on that "I don't feel competent" statement I suggest you just hire
some local yokel to do your leaves.

Old 13-11-2006, 11:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I'd try it with the mulching blade. My Lawnboy, which mulches, will
bag grass or leaves.
Mulching attachment just blinds of chute and is removed for bagging.
Blade is not changed.

Frank

Old 09-12-2006, 02:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Hire somebody. Learning the differences and reasons will just confuse you.