Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Asparagras roots

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JL JL is offline

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

I think I figgered it out: Sarge is starting a brothel....that's some
kind of subliminal advertising yore doing..."chicks" and "roots"
and "gardening".

;-)

Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?

--

Eggs

If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko said:

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?

Eggs

The box says 1 yo. Can you trust it ? chuckle

Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?

Eggs

The box says 1 yo. Can you trust it ? chuckle

Give it a few years before you harvest it, then. The plant needs those
spears to open into little "ferns", for the following year's growth.

What variety? =)

--

Eggs

-A man who lives in a glass house should change in the basement.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?

Eggs

The box says 1 yo. Can you trust it ? chuckle

Give it a few years before you harvest it, then. The plant needs those
spears to open into little "ferns", for the following year's growth.

What variety? =)

Eggs

On new transplants we don't pick at all the first year - and just 2 weeks
the 2nd - and 3 weeks the 3rd.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Srgnt Billko said:

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.
Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?

Eggs
The box says 1 yo. Can you trust it ? chuckle

Give it a few years before you harvest it, then. The plant needs those
spears to open into little "ferns", for the following year's growth.

What variety? =)

Eggs

On new transplants we don't pick at all the first year - and just 2 weeks
the 2nd - and 3 weeks the 3rd.

Now that requires willpower.

--
Art
Old 06-03-2007, 11:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.
Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?

Eggs
The box says 1 yo. Can you trust it ? chuckle
Give it a few years before you harvest it, then. The plant needs those
spears to open into little "ferns", for the following year's growth.

What variety? =)

Eggs

On new transplants we don't pick at all the first year - and just 2 weeks
the 2nd - and 3 weeks the 3rd.

Now that requires willpower.

If you want spears, it's a requirement. The third year, the crowns are
fully established, and begin producing like mad. You can buy two and three
year old crowns, hence my question. =)

--

Eggs

What's another word for thesaurus?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

Received 60 asparagras roots today - let the gardening begin.

Cool, Sarge. =) How old are they?

Eggs

The box says 1 yo. Can you trust it ? chuckle

Give it a few years before you harvest it, then. The plant needs those
spears to open into little "ferns", for the following year's growth.

What variety? =)

Eggs

On new transplants we don't pick at all the first year - and just 2 weeks
the 2nd - and 3 weeks the 3rd.

Ahh. Good deal, Sarge. What variety of asparagus did you plant?

I received all of my seeds yesterday. I'm still about 13 days from my tgt
date. We're still hitting right at freezing at night, here. Still, the soil
in the raised beds is warming up nicely. I may get in a couple days early.
*shrug*

The waiting sux, heh.
--

Eggs

-Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

[...]

These are the old standard Martha Washington - really hadn't thought about
experimenting with any of the others.
Now I'm shopping for rhubarb.