Old 05-06-2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Buying "dye" for bark mulch

Much as I hate that "red faux cedar" dyed bark mulch, it may come in
handy for rejuvenating about 400 sqft of bark mulch I have down. It's
cost prohibitive (and stupidly wasteful) to rake up, dispose of, and
replace 5-8 yards of bark mulch every year or so in front of my house.
But is there some place I can get some of that dye to spray on and
maybe make what I have look a little better? Surely there must be
something I can buy a gallon or three of.....

Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 6/5/2007 4:28 PM Andrew Duane said the following:
Much as I hate that "red faux cedar" dyed bark mulch, it may come in
handy for rejuvenating about 400 sqft of bark mulch I have down. It's
cost prohibitive (and stupidly wasteful) to rake up, dispose of, and
replace 5-8 yards of bark mulch every year or so in front of my house.
But is there some place I can get some of that dye to spray on and
maybe make what I have look a little better? Surely there must be
something I can buy a gallon or three of.....

Redwood stain?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Andrew Duane wrote:
Much as I hate that "red faux cedar" dyed bark mulch, it may come in
handy for rejuvenating about 400 sqft of bark mulch I have down. It's
cost prohibitive (and stupidly wasteful) to rake up, dispose of, and
replace 5-8 yards of bark mulch every year or so in front of my house.
But is there some place I can get some of that dye to spray on and
maybe make what I have look a little better? Surely there must be
something I can buy a gallon or three of.....

Lesco sells a product called nu-mulch that dyes it.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 6, 5:36 pm, Steveo wrote:
Andrew Duane wrote:
Much as I hate that "red faux cedar" dyed bark mulch, it may come in
handy for rejuvenating about 400 sqft of bark mulch I have down. It's
cost prohibitive (and stupidly wasteful) to rake up, dispose of, and
replace 5-8 yards of bark mulch every year or so in front of my house.
But is there some place I can get some of that dye to spray on and
maybe make what I have look a little better? Surely there must be
something I can buy a gallon or three of.....

Lesco sells a product called nu-mulch that dyes it.

Yes, I've seen it available online as well. Not sure how well it
works . Nor am I sure of what colors were available. At the time I
was looking for some green color dye to use to spray lawn patched
areas so it would blend in better while waiting for the grass to come
in. They have that too, but the package size and price didn;'t make
sense for a small job.

Snake bark maple - dead bark kay United Kingdom 8 24-05-2010 09:32 AM
Oil Dry & Bark Mulch Tex John Bonsai 0 17-02-2005 02:49 AM
pine bark mulch Susan Gardening 2 02-03-2003 12:27 PM