Old 23-06-2007, 05:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Chraftsman 18hp. twin fuel problem

The fuel problem remedies seem to have been carried out Thanks for all
the ideas .It seems to have had two problems the gas one is fixed. The
tractor is running again but for only about 1500 ft. It seems as soon
as the engine gets hot it shuts off , like you turned off the key . If
you leave it for a couple of hours , it starts right up like you did
just shut it off . It doesn't have to turn over a lot to pump up the
gas so I know it not starving for it cause it starts 3
turns..........The problems with this machine have been a long time
coming . .....For the last couple of years , you could mow all morning
with it and no problem for weeks . Then a month later you may mow for
a couple of hours and it would shut off . The first time I found a
wire was just hanging by a few strands( it had got cut by the top
shield) and repaired it. then it would run for another month so
thinking it was an electrical problem I have cleaned the electric
connections and everything seems fine............. I was wondering if
any of you have seen this caused by the electronic ignition
before ? ......Rick

Old 23-06-2007, 06:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

elec ignition will cut off when hot when going bad, if you can
disconnect the kill wire from coil and it stil loses spark when hot ,its
a bad coil usually. if it doesnt cut off when hot and kill wire
disconected,the there is a short in the kill wire ,saftey switch or key
switch.

Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 18hp - Starter ID Help Historic Aero Lawns 2 20-03-2009 12:03 AM
Chraftsman 18hp. twin fuel problem Rick Lawns 9 22-06-2007 09:55 PM
Murray LT 18hp 40" cut SLM Lawns 1 11-09-2006 12:35 AM
old briggs twin cylinder flathead, this a 16 or 18hp? (pix) dave Lawns 1 21-10-2005 04:26 AM
Briggs and Strattion 18hp Marty Underwood Lawns 1 30-09-2003 12:42 AM