Old 22-07-2007, 03:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

"Clark" ...
I'll have one for ya.
I agree on the blade thing, something tells me I should buy a dozen or
so blades, just in case.

I have 3 sets from before I started to sharpen my blades myself. I had
one on the mowing deck, one sharp and ready to put on and the other one at
the shop being sharpened/waiting for me to pick it up (meaning stored at
the shop, grin). Then when I dulled my blades I would swap in the good
set, run the dull ones to the shop, and get the sharp ones to be ready for
the next round.

Now I sharpen my own blades, which turns out to be easy with a dremel and
a bench clamp. Just grind a new bevel and ensure that it is reasonably
balanced.

Bent blades are tossed into the metal recycling, not fixed.
Tomes

Old 22-07-2007, 04:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Tomes" wrote in message
link.net...
"Clark" ...
I'll have one for ya.
I agree on the blade thing, something tells me I should buy a dozen or so
blades, just in case.

I have 3 sets from before I started to sharpen my blades myself. I had
one on the mowing deck, one sharp and ready to put on and the other one at
the shop being sharpened/waiting for me to pick it up (meaning stored at
the shop, grin). Then when I dulled my blades I would swap in the good
set, run the dull ones to the shop, and get the sharp ones to be ready for
the next round.

Now I sharpen my own blades, which turns out to be easy with a dremel and
a bench clamp. Just grind a new bevel and ensure that it is reasonably
balanced.

Bent blades are tossed into the metal recycling, not fixed.
Tomes

I use a 4" disk grinder.

Old 23-07-2007, 03:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Tomes wrote:
"Clark" ...

Now I sharpen my own blades,

[....]

Bent blades are tossed

I use a 4" disk grinder.

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/t...-workshop.html

the resharpened blade in the picture had an encounter with
driveway gravel. forgot to raise the deck when I crossed.
duh oh well stuff happens.

these people might save you some money. the blades are made
by Oregon. sears craftsman is close to the bottom of the page.

http://www.agri-supply.com/HTML/2700008.htm
Old 23-07-2007, 03:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" ...
"Tomes" ...
"Clark" ...
I'll have one for ya.
I agree on the blade thing, something tells me I should buy a dozen or
so blades, just in case.

I have 3 sets from before I started to sharpen my blades myself. I had
one on the mowing deck, one sharp and ready to put on and the other one
at the shop being sharpened/waiting for me to pick it up (meaning
stored at the shop, grin). Then when I dulled my blades I would swap
in the good set, run the dull ones to the shop, and get the sharp ones
to be ready for the next round.

Now I sharpen my own blades, which turns out to be easy with a dremel
and a bench clamp. Just grind a new bevel and ensure that it is
reasonably balanced.

Bent blades are tossed into the metal recycling, not fixed.
Tomes

I use a 4" disk grinder.

Yep, I wish I had one, but this is what I have....
Tomes