Old 18-09-2007, 08:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Picked first paw paws today

And had one with lunch at the picnic table by the garden. We like to eat
"fresh" - as in picked within minutes. Also cleared off the volunteer vine
plants from the compost pile started last fall. Lots of things that look
like half bumpy gourds mixed with small pumkin.

Old 22-09-2007, 02:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
And had one with lunch at the picnic table by the garden. We like to eat
"fresh" - as in picked within minutes. Also cleared off the volunteer vine
plants from the compost pile started last fall. Lots of things that look
like half bumpy gourds mixed with small pumkin.

I've got 2 paw paw trees at the start of my driveway.. First time I've
ever had them (just moved into the house a month ago).. Gotta say I LOVE
them, but I prefer to eat them once they've dropped on their own and get
that stronger flavor.

How do you eat yours? I've found them to be...hmm... messy to eat.

Rather love this new house. Has ALL kinds of fun plants that we didn't
even notice when we bid for it. Only started taking note of what was
growing after the fact.

Turns out we've got paw paws, figs, pecans, hazel nuts, black walnuts,
apples, pears, etc etc etc.. Makes walks through the yard a tasty one.

Old 22-09-2007, 03:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
.. .
Srgnt Billko wrote:
[...]

Off the ground is good - or as they start to soften on the tree. We just
slice them in half lengthways and spoon the custard out.

Where can I see a Paw-Paw? Philip Semanchuk North Carolina 2 06-08-2007 01:36 PM
Paw-Paw flower Marutchi Garden Photos 2 10-03-2007 01:18 AM
seeking paw paw trees to plant in my yard. (IL) what does THIS button do?! Gardening 2 05-01-2007 11:58 AM
seeking paw paw trees to plant in my yard. (IL) what does THIS button do?! Edible Gardening 2 05-01-2007 11:58 AM
Paw Paw Pollination Raffi Kojian Edible Gardening 1 28-03-2003 09:56 PM