Old 27-09-2007, 05:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Sears tractor tie rods

I couldn't stand it so I stopped at Sears to check the tie rods on the new
machines. I see they do not have adjustments (threaded ends) like our older
machines have. But I'm thinking that the current emphasis is on making
sharp turns so maybe the radical toe in is by design. They look workable to
me. But now I'm remembering a Sears 20HP twin I bought used a few years
back and the bugger wouldn't turn. If I wasn't careful the front wheels
would just skid - like it didn't have enough weight on the front wheels -
but it had that monster 20HP twin up front so it should have had enough
weight. Anyway, it aggrivated me enough that I sold it pretty quick.

FREE Shipping on Tiki Torches! Up to 50% Discount on Curtain Rods,Outdoor Tiki Torches, Window Curtain Rods and drapery rods @ Backyard Bargain Rev Jain Gardening 1 07-07-2011 05:16 PM
Sears ST/16 Garden Tractor Joe Lawns 3 18-01-2006 10:28 PM
Sears ST/16 Garden Tractor Joe Lawns 3 04-03-2005 12:34 AM
Help - Need junk Sears lawn tractor Chuck Jurgens Lawns 8 23-05-2003 02:08 AM
Advice on Sears lawn tractor Mike Gardening 24 23-04-2003 09:32 PM