Old 27-03-2008, 04:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default anyone using only sugar for the lawn?

I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and
successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks.

swing2k
Old 27-03-2008, 05:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

swing2k wrote:
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and
successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks.

swing2k

The ants seem to love it.
Old 27-03-2008, 01:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mar 26, 10:41 pm, Steve wrote:
swing2k wrote:
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and
successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks.

swing2k

The ants seem to love it.

I guess you meant sugar does not work at all -- cannot control weeds,
cannot make grass nice and thick?

Thanks.
Old 27-03-2008, 01:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

swing2k wrote:
On Mar 26, 10:41 pm, Steve wrote:
swing2k wrote:
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and
successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks.

swing2k

The ants seem to love it.

I guess you meant sugar does not work at all -- cannot control weeds,

Herbicides works well for that, do they contain some sort of sugar?

cannot make grass nice and thick?

NPK and micro nutrients work well for that, do they also contain some sort
of sugar?

Thanks.

Glad to help.
Old 28-03-2008, 12:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

swing2k said:

On Mar 26, 10:41 pm, Steve wrote:
swing2k wrote:
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and
successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks.

swing2k

The ants seem to love it.

I guess you meant sugar does not work at all -- cannot control weeds,
cannot make grass nice and thick?

Why would it "make grass nice and thick?", do you think?

Hint: The grass *makes* sugars.

--

Eggs

..sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?

Old 28-03-2008, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steve said:

swing2k wrote:
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and
successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks.

swing2k

The ants seem to love it.

lol

G2... *shakes head*

--

Eggs

Do Amish people get one phone call when arrested?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
z z is offline

On Mar 27, 8:18*pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
swing2k said:

On Mar 26, 10:41 pm, Steve wrote:
swing2k wrote:
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. *Has anyone tried and
successful? *Any details are appreciated. *thanks.

swing2k

The ants seem to love it.

I guess you meant sugar does not work at all -- cannot control weeds,
cannot make grass nice and thick?

Why would it "make grass nice and thick?", do you think?

Hint: The grass *makes* sugars.

--

Eggs

.sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?

my grass is not responding to sugar. i believe it may be diabetic. i
am going to spray it with insulin.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

z wrote:
On Mar 27, 8:18=A0pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
swing2k said:

On Mar 26, 10:41 pm, Steve wrote:
swing2k wrote:
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. =A0Has anyone tried and
successful? =A0Any details are appreciated. =A0thanks.

swing2k

The ants seem to love it.

I guess you meant sugar does not work at all -- cannot control weeds,
cannot make grass nice and thick?

Why would it "make grass nice and thick?", do you think?

Hint: The grass *makes* sugars.

--

Eggs

.sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?

my grass is not responding to sugar. i believe it may be diabetic. i
am going to spray it with insulin.

LoL, what's next a one touch turf tester?!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
z said:

[...]

my grass is not responding to sugar. i believe it may be diabetic. i
am going to spray it with insulin.

lol

Sweet! :P
Old 02-04-2008, 11:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

z said:

[...]

my grass is not responding to sugar. i believe it may be diabetic. i
am going to spray it with insulin.

lol

--

Eggs

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steve said:

wrote:
z said:

[...]

my grass is not responding to sugar. i believe it may be diabetic. i
am going to spray it with insulin.

lol

Sweet! :P

*groan*

*thwap* =P
--

Eggs

-Half the people you know are below average.
Old 16-04-2008, 01:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

No, but soda pop with some other additives I have. Some beer and
liquid dish soap and the pop makes for a fair greenup and cleanup.

Otoe
Old 24-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otoe View Post
No, but soda pop with some other additives I have. Some beer and
liquid dish soap and the pop makes for a fair greenup and cleanup.

Otoe
I used sugar for my lawn New Britain, CT USA zone 6 for several years and found it to be excellent. I still used fertilizer but much less than I would have previously. In addition you must mow grass high 3"+ and leave clippings behind on the lawn. This requires mowing as often as needed to keep it looking tidy but not short. The grass eventually crowds out the weeds. It worked very well and no my house was not invaded by killer ants.

Soda, wine, molasses, beet molasses, beer all do wonders for the lawn. I don't necessarily look at it as a replacement, but rather a stimulant to get the lawn in the groove. I get the cheapest sugar from walmart. and throw it around with wild abandon. It feeds the microbes, they multiply and also make nutrients more readily available for the grass.
Old 15-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swing2k View Post
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and
successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks.

swing2k
Have your lawn professionally done. That is probably the best solution. You should water your grass the same time each day. I'd recommend a sprinkler system. I don't know whether sugar works but I doubt it would completely solve your lawn problems. Just keep working on your lawn, use sugar if you like because I doubt it would cause any harm.. However I do recommend you get it done professionally.
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers
Old 19-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered User

This requires regular pruning needed to keep clean, but do not see light. The final out of grass weeds. It works very well, there is no invasion of my house without killer ants.
Pond Supplies