Old 21-04-2009, 07:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Hey Fellow Fertilizers!

Spring is here in Wisconsin. Last weekend Sat was 75 degrees, sunday
was 45. Gotta love it. I'm New to the group and was just looking for
a forum with which to get some ideas on lawn care. Just thought I'd
say HI
Old 21-04-2009, 08:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 4/21/2009 1:28 PM, Luke wrote:
Spring is here in Wisconsin. Last weekend Sat was 75 degrees, sunday
was 45. Gotta love it. I'm New to the group and was just looking for
a forum with which to get some ideas on lawn care. Just thought I'd
say HI

Welcome, fellow Wisconsinite! As a reasonably long-time lurker and
rare poster, I have to say that you'll sometimes get varying advice, but
coupled with a little of your own research, most of its very good.

Solved many weed problems fairly simply by reading the advice here.

I could fix more of them if I actually had the ambition to truck in a
couple yards of dirt to fix my "kettle" of a back yard.
Old 23-04-2009, 04:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Apr 21, 2:29*pm, Ryan P wrote:
On 4/21/2009 1:28 PM, Luke wrote:

Spring is here in Wisconsin. *Last weekend Sat was 75 degrees, sunday
was 45. *Gotta love it. I'm New to the group and was just looking for
a forum with which to get some ideas on lawn care. *Just thought I'd
say HI

* Welcome, fellow Wisconsinite! *As a reasonably long-time lurker and
rare poster, I have to say that you'll sometimes get varying advice, but
coupled with a little of your own research, most of its very good.

* Solved many weed problems fairly simply by reading the advice here.

* I could fix more of them if I actually had the ambition to truck in a
couple yards of dirt to fix my "kettle" of a back yard. *

Time to get the Scotts w/ halts on my lawn. Went to three different
places to get it. Guess it serves me right for waiting till the last
minute to pick it up.
Old 23-04-2009, 01:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 4/22/2009 11:37 PM (ET) Luke wrote the following:
On Apr 21, 2:29 pm, Ryan P wrote:

On 4/21/2009 1:28 PM, Luke wrote:

Spring is here in Wisconsin. Last weekend Sat was 75 degrees, sunday
was 45. Gotta love it. I'm New to the group and was just looking for
a forum with which to get some ideas on lawn care. Just thought I'd
say HI

Welcome, fellow Wisconsinite! As a reasonably long-time lurker and
rare poster, I have to say that you'll sometimes get varying advice, but
coupled with a little of your own research, most of its very good.

Solved many weed problems fairly simply by reading the advice here.

I could fix more of them if I actually had the ambition to truck in a
couple yards of dirt to fix my "kettle" of a back yard.

Time to get the Scotts w/ halts on my lawn. Went to three different
places to get it. Guess it serves me right for waiting till the last
minute to pick it up.

I guess none of the places you went to were the Big Box Stores. I've
seen it in HD, Lowes, and Sam's Club this week.
I didn't check Walmart though.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 24-04-2009, 04:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Apr 21, 2:29 pm, Ryan P wrote:

On 4/21/2009 1:28 PM, Luke wrote:

[...]

To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

Actually, all three places carried it(K-Mart, Menards, and Wal-Mart)
it's just that everyone was sold out. Like I said, next year I'll
have to get it earlier.