Old 25-05-2009, 07:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech

Default Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine

ransley wrote:
On May 24, 8:40 pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
On the early Briggs, that means pulling the head, and then
using special equipment to get the spring ends back on.

I like the Vanguard engines because they have overhead valves
that are easy to adjust. It makes it easy to get one of them
running good again.

TDD

What about low compression, then its toasted.

With butter and jam?

TDD
Old 26-05-2009, 01:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech

That will give you a heart attack..... butter. You should
use margarine, but that has trans fats. Ah, well. Give up.
Go be a monk in Tibet.

Did we hear back, why the engine isn't starting properly?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Old 26-05-2009, 04:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech

Stormin Mormon wrote:
That will give you a heart attack..... butter. You should
use margarine, but that has trans fats. Ah, well. Give up.
Go be a monk in Tibet.

Even worse. In Tibet, they like butter so much that they put it in their
tea. But it's not just any butter, it's yak butter. And it's not just any
yak butter, it's _rancid_ yak butter. No thanks.

Did we hear back, why the engine isn't starting properly?

If you have a yak, you don't need any lawnmower.
--scott

Old 26-05-2009, 11:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

That will give you a heart attack..... butter. You should
use margarine, but that has trans fats. Ah, well. Give up.
Go be a monk in Tibet.

Did we hear back, why the engine isn't starting properly?

I have my doubts whether we will - gg, spam war going on, and crossposted
to four entirely different groups.