Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered User

Default Which lawn seeds?

Hi folks,
Would be extremely grateful if someone would kindly offer me some advice. I have two lawns in need to some reseeding due to bald patches, moss etc. One is South facing so gets plenty of sun the other is north facing and parts of it only get the last sun of the day. I'm a little confused with the various options. I am considering purchasing the rapid start and the shady from the following link. Neither though specify whether they are perennial or annual. Really could do with perennial as I have very little time. Some are with ryegrass and some without?????? Thanks for your help. Stuart

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/bin/ven...ype=pdx ttype
Old 08-06-2009, 02:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://tinyurl.com/r542sq

--
Kinky Afro

I wouldn't buy any grass mix without knowing exactly what kind it
is. Why not just go to a local lawn/garden shop where you can read
the bag? What you want to use usually depends on what you already
have, so that it will blend in. You definitely want a shade mix for
the north side. They typically use some of the fescues that are
suited to shade.

Also, now is far from the ideal time to be seeding, assuming you're in
the UK where summer is approaching. Ideal time is Fall, when you
have declining temps, less competition from weeds, lower watering
reqts, etc

Old 09-06-2009, 04:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Kinky Afro" wrote in message

Hi folks,
Would be extremely grateful if someone would kindly offer
me some advice. I have two lawns in need to some reseeding due to bald
patches, moss etc. One is South facing so gets plenty of sun the other
is north facing and parts of it only get the last sun of the day. I'm
a little confused with the various options. I am considering
purchasing the rapid start and the shady from the following link.
Neither though specify whether they are perennial or annual. Really
could do with perennial as I have very little time. Some are with
ryegrass and some without?????? Thanks for your help. Stuart

http://tinyurl.com/r542sq

--
Kinky Afro

Depends where you are. Giganews doesn't offer a hint in location of the
sender.

You need 2 types of grass. One that enjoys the sun, the other that does
well in shade.
--
Dave