Old 06-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Registered User

Angry moles

Does any one have any ideas for deterring moles? Have tried a mole detering alarm but to know avail,and new lawn is suffering badly. Someone has suggested altering the soil acidity, does anyone know if this works.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Registered User

Location: Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Does any one have any ideas for deterring moles? Have tried a mole detering alarm but to know avail,and new lawn is suffering badly. Someone has suggested altering the soil acidity, does anyone know if this works.
No i dont think so i work on a golf course were we deal with moles on a weekly basis and moles tend to follow the same runs year in year out no matter what the soil is like
as long you have worms in your garden you will have moles in there now you have runs in your soil
Old 26-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the builder View Post
No i dont think so i work on a golf course were we deal with moles on a weekly basis and moles tend to follow the same runs year in year out no matter what the soil is like
as long you have worms in your garden you will have moles in there now you have runs in your soil
Hi,

If you want to get rid of moles, take away their food mainly, insects like flies and beetles. There are many products you can buy to keep moles out of your yard, many of which that will not damage your plants or the look of your yard itself. There are mole traps that are available that will help you get rid of moles. If you trap and remove them, they won't be able to terrorize your lawn anymore.
Old 24-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered User

I have this problem in my back garden...... have put traps but they seem to be very clever moles. please help!!!

Old 20-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard's Patch View Post
I have this problem in my back garden...... have put traps but they seem to be very clever moles. please help!!!
Hello and good afternoon

After the very cold weather and the quick thaw the British Traditional Molecatchers Register tell me they have been stunned over the last few days with number of enquiries about moles and molehills.

I noticed that this forum thread is asking about catching moles as well - and thought you may like to know of a website which helps those with a Mole problem in paddock, field, garden or smallholding to find a TRADITIONAL Molecatcher in their area. - Not always easy these days.

www.britishmolecatchers.co.uk

There is no charge for using the website and finding a Traditional Molecatcher in your area is easy. When you have found one contact them and mention that you got their details from British Traditional Molecatchers Register. The arrangement for any work you may wish them to do will be at a financial arrangement between you and the Molecatcher direct. You can, however, be sure that any Molecatcher on that register will use only Traditional Methods of Molecatching.

The website contains much background information on Moles and Molecatchers and also details of Training courses.

Hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
J1MBO

Chipmunks or moles? Duane Morin Gardening 6 03-10-2003 05:12 PM
Moles ROY MCMASTER Australia 4 17-04-2003 01:08 PM
Getting rid of moles Chris Haney North Carolina 7 07-04-2003 02:44 AM
Moles VS Voles smitty48 Edible Gardening 3 22-03-2003 08:44 PM
How do you get rid of moles without traps Susan E Desjardins Edible Gardening 18 18-03-2003 06:44 PM