Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default alt.home.lawn.garden

Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can expect,
what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary
Old 09-12-2009, 01:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:56:11 -0800 (PST), Mary
wrote:

Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can expect,
what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary

Start by telling me how you posted from a 192,0,0,0 network?

Drop Google and tune out?

Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Oren wrote:

Start by telling me how you posted from a 192,0,0,0 network?

Interesting. Is Google now anonymizing the posting IP of it's users?

When did that start?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mary wrote:

Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can
expect, what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary

Just try to follow correct usenet posting style when you post replies.

As I am doing now, compose your replies by quoting only the relavent
portions of previous posts, use in-line quoting as necessary, and always
bottom-post (not top-post).

Do not be a top-poaster or full-quoter.

As for what you can expect, there really isin't a lot of traffic in this
newsgroup, and even less currently seeing as it's now winter in the
northern hemisphere of this planet.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Lawn Guy said:

Mary wrote:

Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can
expect, what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary

Just try to follow correct usenet posting style when you post replies.

As I am doing now, compose your replies by quoting only the relavent
portions of previous posts, use in-line quoting as necessary, and always
bottom-post (not top-post).

You're as clueless about Usenet as you are about lawns.

*Always* doing either is wrong.

Do not be a top-poaster or full-quoter.

Unless what you have to say is relevant to the full quoted text.

As for what you can expect, there really isin't a lot of traffic in this
newsgroup, and even less currently seeing as it's now winter in the
northern hemisphere of this planet.

No it isn't. Fool.
--

Eggs

-There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 20:58:55 -0500, Lawn Guy wrote:

Oren wrote:

Start by telling me how you posted from a 192,0,0,0 network?

Interesting. Is Google now anonymizing the posting IP of it's users?

When did that start?

No!! The posting IP is from "non-routable IP addresses", best I can
tell.

I was thinking spammer or similar.

"I could be wrong"*

--
*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5d5IfdYK4
Old 09-12-2009, 03:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Oren wrote:

Start by telling me how you posted from a 192,0,0,0 network?

Is Google now anonymizing the posting IP of it's users?

No!! The posting IP is from "non-routable IP addresses",
best I can tell.

In crafting the header, Google has substituted one of it's own internal
LAN address's in place of the poster's real, external IP address.

Just as it always has done for out-bound gmail email.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 12/8/2009 4:56 PM (ET) Mary wrote the following:
Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can expect,
what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary

According to your time zone, you are in Great Britain right?
The usual net protocols apply, even for Europeans.
It is usually beneficial for you to indicate your location (as I have
done below), so that you may receive the best answers as apply to you.
Don't forget, Australia and New Zealand are in the Summer now.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:14:08 -0500, willshak
wrote:

on 12/8/2009 4:56 PM (ET) Mary wrote the following:
Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can expect,
what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary

According to your time zone, you are in Great Britain right?
The usual net protocols apply, even for Europeans.
It is usually beneficial for you to indicate your location (as I have
done below), so that you may receive the best answers as apply to you.
Don't forget, Australia and New Zealand are in the Summer now.

Las Vegas just froze overnight :-/

Got our plants inside ahead of time.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

willshak wrote:

Mary wrote:
Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can expect,
what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary

According to your time zone, you are in Great Britain right?

MICHIGAN, LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE

you can actually change the clock on your PC to
make is as wrong or as right as you want it to be.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Jim wrote:

According to your time zone, you are in Great Britain right?

MICHIGAN, LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE

Arg. Yes, you're right.

I looked at the 192.203 ip address and assumed it was a non-routable
internal LAN address.
Old 16-12-2009, 03:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
on 12/8/2009 4:56 PM (ET) Mary wrote the following:
Hi - I'm new to the group - can you fill me in on what I can expect,
what protocol I should follow, etc? Thank you.
Mary

According to your time zone, you are in Great Britain right?
The usual net protocols apply, even for Europeans.
It is usually beneficial for you to indicate your location (as I have done
below), so that you may receive the best answers as apply to you.
Don't forget, Australia and New Zealand are in the Summer now.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

And what a stinking hot summer we're into! No decent rain here in SE
Queensland (+2 hours drive North of Brisbane) since June. Buying water for
our rainwater tanks and the gardens are dead because the dam is dry!

Don and Jane

Old 16-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Registered User

"When the soil moisture experiences wide swigs in moisture (wet to dry)
that is when the plant has a hard time picking up calcium. To prevent
this condition you need to water so soil moistures stay fairly constant
or better yet use some type of mulch over the bed to even out soil
moisture levels. This is the best way to prevent blossom end rot. "
Old 17-12-2009, 11:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

D&JG wrote the following:
"willshak" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Sorry to hear it.
If I lived on the west coast of the US, I would have visited my cousins
in Oz.
Not my real cousins, but my GB cousins.
It looks better than ever to go visit.