Old 16-05-2003, 02:08 AM
bizzydawg

Default BAMBOO

HOW DO I GET RID OF BAMBO....
Old 16-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Paboo

Two types of bamboo, clumping and creeping.

I've got some creeping type in my side yard that I've been slowly
getting rid of. Big pain in the butt.

The creeping bamboo shoots a nice long straight creeping roots
horizontally under the soil. New sprouts will popup from the top of
these root and grow into new bamboo stalks.

These stalks are pretty easy to pull out of the ground, but the problem
is they snap off at the root. What you have to do is get a shovel and
dig that creeping root out as well, otherwise they the stalks will just
keep coming back. Root comes out pretty easy once you remove the soil.

Paboo

HOW DO I GET RID OF BAMBO....

Old 17-05-2003, 03:20 PM
William D.

"bizzydawg" wrote in message
news
HOW DO I GET RID OF BAMBO....

Do you mean "Damn-Boo"???
My lovely wife had the great idea of planting the stuff a few years ago
(creeping). I suggested that there might be a reason why no body in our
area had bamboo in their yard and maybe we should investigate further. My
pleas were met with deaf ears and the bamboo was planted. Once it began to
spread throughout the yard, I was vindicated. My reward was to find all of
the runners and pull them out by hand alone. Round-up wouldn't touch the
stuff, however there may be another chemical that would be effective - I was
unable to get a straight answer on the issue at the time.
Someone told me that if I continually mowed it down, it would eventually
die. This may be the case, but I was not patient enough to see this
through.
IMHO, Damn-boo is a noxious weed!
Good luck.

Old 26-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Leroy

Well one good way, is to let it grow to the prescribed length for fishing
poles and sell them, at a discount if you really want to get rid of them.
Another is to learn how to make planters, picture frames, sun filter
curtains, out of them and sell them at garage sales or flea markets.

"bizzydawg" wrote in message
news
HOW DO I GET RID OF BAMBO....

Old 29-05-2003, 03:56 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Get rid of it! I wish mine would grow.

"bizzydawg" wrote in message
news : HOW DO I GET RID OF BAMBO....

Old 31-05-2003, 04:20 PM
William D.

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
Get rid of it! I wish mine would grow.

"bizzydawg" wrote in message
news : HOW DO I GET RID OF BAMBO....

Where do you live? And, what kind of bamboo?

Hello fellow bamboo lovers! I have a question about my bamboo patch RiverMan Bamboo 9 27-04-2011 06:42 AM
Dying black bamboo ramyad Bamboo 4 27-04-2009 10:13 PM
Looking for Simon Henderson (formerly of BAMBOO PEOPLE) - Bamboo agroforestry researcher Jo?o Paulo Freire Paglione Bamboo 0 02-11-2003 05:32 PM
Bamboo wanted. Have Black bamboo and "Alphonse Karr" Annabel United Kingdom 2 12-06-2003 03:56 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 05:33 PM