Old 01-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Rob Reali

Default Magnolia Leaves

Are there any beneficial uses for these damn things!!!...beside shingling my
house with them??

They fall all year long, and do not decompose

Rob
Norfolk, VA

Old 02-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Guglielmo Portas

Bunny-rabbit imitations?
Old 02-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Peter H

"Rob Reali" wrote in message
Are there any beneficial uses for these damn things!!!...beside shingling

my
house with them??

They fall all year long, and do not decompose

Rob
Norfolk, VA

They can hide bare spots and weed infestations in your lawn. ;-0

Peter H

Old 04-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Guglielmo Portas

Rob, I just run them over with the lawn mower before it rains, because
they stick to the grass like glue when wet. In Chicago, we see the
magnolias bloom for about 2-3 weeks in the spring. One massive windy
rainstorm will pretty much strip the trees, then we have white goopy
leaves to deal with. Mulch 'em before they rot.

Old 10-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Joyce & Rick

Wow!!! That must be wonderful!!! Only 2-3 weeks of blooming. I live in
Mississippi - the Magnolia is our state tree and while they are beautiful,
they bloom all spring, summer, and fall. Want dead grass? Have a Magnolia?
Nothing will grow under it. And you can't cut it down unless it's dying or
has a disease and you have to get a licensed professional to do it - state
law. Don't you just love it??

At least it's a good tree for kids to climb.

Joyce Sullivan
om...

magnolia leaves bluewillow Gardening 3 01-04-2011 09:43 PM
Leaves, leaves and yet more leaves! John Towill United Kingdom 12 01-11-2003 12:43 PM
Where to buy magnolia trees in hampshire John Moran United Kingdom 8 16-04-2003 10:44 AM
magnolia info please...... will Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Young Magnolia Tree SarahF Gardening 1 02-04-2003 01:56 AM