Old 10-06-2003, 04:20 PM
admin

Default Rabitts!

Any advice on how to keep them away from my flowers? This is the
first time in 4 years that they are going after my petunias and
salvias. Nothing has changed in regards to where we are planting
them, in fact they are in a planter on the front lawn.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:08 PM
No Spam

Rabbits are annoying, I have that problem too they damaged all my fruits and
vegetables last season. Not only rabbits, other animals ate my fruits and
veggie too.. damn.... Gonna BBQ them if I can't get a better solution. LOL..
just kidding

Old 11-06-2003, 02:20 PM

"admin" wrote in message
Any advice on how to keep them away from my flowers? This is the
first time in 4 years that they are going after my petunias and
salvias. Nothing has changed in regards to where we are planting
them, in fact they are in a planter on the front lawn.

Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/e1c1

There are a number of animal repellent sprays that would help deter rabbits
from eating the flowers, and some gardeners swear by fox urine. Fencing can
be effective. A 1-inch chicken wire fence needs to be 2 feet high and
buried at least 6 inches deep around your flowers. Consider also
interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold or Dusty
Miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma. Also, you can make your own
animal repellent mixture by mixing a few teaspoons of cayenne pepper and a
dash of soap in a quart of water. Spray on the plants you want to protect.
Once the growth is a few weeks old, the rabbits shouldn't be interested
anymore. Sprinkling blood meal, ground hot peppers, or human or dog hair
around plants is also sometimes effective.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 08-08-2003, 01:40 AM
GRL

Topical application of BB's or pellets works well if you are patient. If you
are a softy (with rabbits? - ugh!) you can use a Have-a-Heart trap. The
little so and so's love apples. Pet cats are pretty good at eliminating
rabbits. Dried blood does not work. Pepper spray kinda sorta works, but it
washes off. Fencing works, but looks like hell and limits your access to
your own property.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)

Old 08-08-2003, 11:24 AM
vonroach

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:21:52 -0400, "GRL" wrote:

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)

Actually, anything else is a serious , often life-threatening, psychiatric
abnormality.

Old 10-08-2003, 01:02 PM
GRL

Actually, that line is normally delivered (dead-pan) in reply to a request
from someone who "wants" something.