Old 20-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Bojangles

Default NE Florida Lawn advice - help

I live in Jacksonville, Florida. Tempuratures are into the upper 90's on
most days lately. I applied weed and feed earlier in the year and then
atrizine(sp) during April when tempuratures were within specifications. Most
of the weeds died off. However, now those same weeds are popping up again.
Admittedly, I'm not a person who enjoys managing his lawn. So, I'm looking
for a product that will help control dollarweed and other tough weeds like
some of the nutsedges that will not burn the lawn in these high
tempuratures. Any advice some of you could share?

Also, we're re-sodding most of the front yard next week. I realize frequent
watering is necessary but, I was curious about whether I could use
fertilizer on the new sod to promote growth?