Old 30-07-2003, 09:03 PM
forddriver

Default grass removal

Hello all,

I've got some areas in my yard that I want nothing to grow (area around
ditch, culvert). Can someone suggest a homemade mixture to spray on it?
I've tried gasoline and waiting to see how it works. Or a good brand to buy
at the store.

Thanks in advance.

Gary/NC

Old 30-07-2003, 09:03 PM

"forddriver" wrote:
Hello all,

I've got some areas in my yard that I want nothing to grow (area around
ditch, culvert). Can someone suggest a homemade mixture to spray on it?
I've tried gasoline and waiting to see how it works. Or a good brand to
buy at the store.

Thanks in advance.

Gary/NC

Go to your local garden center and get some Triox.

--
GO# 40
Old 31-07-2003, 03:03 AM
Andy & Lucinda

2 cups of salt disolved in a gallon of hot water. Some hardier weeds
spring up later - this is new growth.

Andy
--
***remove "spambomb" from address to reply...***
Old 31-07-2003, 06:12 AM
forddriver

Thanks to all for your replies, I'll try them both.

Gary in NC.

Old 31-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Chet Hayes

Triox is a readily available product that prevents growth of any
vegetation for up to a year, is very cost effective and supperior to
fooling around with stuff like gasoline. It's applied as a spray and
is intended for areas like driveways. Just don't apply it within the
root zone of any trees, shrubs, etc.

Old 31-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Chet Hayes

BTW, are you sure you don't want anything growing in a ditch/culvert?
Without some type of vegetation, erosion may be a problem.

Old 31-07-2003, 04:09 PM
forddriver

Without some type of vegetation, erosion may be a problem.

Hmm, good point. I'll have to see what happens about that.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Bob

"forddriver" wrote in message
Hello all,

I've got some areas in my yard that I want nothing to grow (area around
ditch, culvert). Can someone suggest a homemade mixture to spray on it?
I've tried gasoline and waiting to see how it works.

I wonder what your state EPA might say about spraying gasoline in a
ditch/culvert.

Bob