Old 05-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Michael Redman

Default Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Go

[Not sure if this is the correct group to post this. If not...suggestions?]

We have an older riding mower: Craftsman II I/C Gold 12.5 Hp B&S. It won't go.

Motor starts, blade engages, but no power to the wheels. I've looked around
the web & googled ngs but either I can't figure out the correct keywords or
no one talks about this.

If it's something relatively simple, I'd like to fix it myself rather than
taking it in and paying a lot of extra for someone else to do so.

Tips, headers, suggestions?

-- Michael Redman
--

Film reviews archive:
http://us.imdb.com/ReviewsBy?Michael+Redman

Old 09-08-2003, 03:23 AM
Michael Redman

Sobriez wrote:

might it be the belt to the transmission??

Yeah. Nothing like posting to usenet to make one feel stupid. I didn't see
that belt when I was looking under the mower and thought there must be some
other type of linkage. But then, looking further up into the underside, and
moving the snake that decided to hang out there aside, there it was, and
yes, it was off the pulley.

Thanks.

-- Michael Redman

Old 09-08-2003, 04:14 AM

Michael Redman wrote:
Sobriez wrote:

might it be the belt to the transmission??

Yeah. Nothing like posting to usenet to make one feel stupid. I didn't
see that belt when I was looking under the mower and thought there must
be some other type of linkage. But then, looking further up into the
underside, and moving the snake that decided to hang out there aside,
there it was, and yes, it was off the pulley.

Thanks.

-- Michael Redman

Gotta love those easy/cheap repairs too.

--
GO# 40