Old 26-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Joe Wilson

Default What's wrong with this grass?

I've noticed that while overall the grass in my yard looks good when you
take a close look there is some browning.

Here is a picture of a blade that I pulled -
http://genji.image.pbase.com/u11/joe...5.CRW_2241.jpg

You'll notice it is half green and half brown...what could be causing this?
or is this normal?

Old 27-09-2003, 01:24 AM
Ermalina

Joe Wilson wrote:

I've noticed that while overall the grass in my yard looks good when you
take a close look there is some browning.

Here is a picture of a blade that I pulled -
http://genji.image.pbase.com/u11/joe...5.CRW_2241.jpg

You'll notice it is half green and half brown...what could be causing this?
or is this normal?

Looks like quackgrass to me.

http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/RenewableR...uackGrassC.gif

http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/RenewableR...ious_weeds.htm
Old 27-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Die Spammer !!!

Looks like quackgrass to me.

http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/RenewableR...uackGrassC.gif

http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/RenewableR...ious_weeds.htm

yep, I thought so too...

Quack Grass usually stays healthier then the regular lawn grasses. You dont
usually want the Quack and crab grasses cause they dont look like the other grass
in the yard and take over the whole yard. Kill it as soon as possible... !!!!

Old 27-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Joe Wilson said:

I've noticed that while overall the grass in my yard looks good when you
take a close look there is some browning.

Here is a picture of a blade that I pulled -
http://genji.image.pbase.com/u11/joe...5.CRW_2241.jpg

You'll notice it is half green and half brown...what could be causing this?
or is this normal?

No scale evident, but it looks to me that the grass is cut much shorter than it
should be, assuming that it *is* a lawn type grass.

--
Pat K.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 28-09-2003, 01:47 AM
lois

If its southern St Augusteen, its normal - but should be cut 4-6" high

Old 28-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Joe Wilson

You are right about it being cut shorter than it normally should be. I was
having the lawn aerated the next day so I cut it shorter than usual.