Old 11-10-2003, 04:42 PM
240_Maine

Default 4 cycle lawnmower stalls

I have a 5 year old Craftsmen 5 hp 4 cycle lawnmower that has a new
stalling problem. I mowed my ~2 acre yard all in one push a few weeks
back, and after ~2 hours of continuous mowing the thing quit on me.
It seemed awefully hot, so I let it sit for ~30 minutes and then tried
to start it again. It would start, run for a few minutes, and then
die. Every time I would restart it, it would run for a little less
each time, until it basically wouldn't run at all. I gave up and let
it sit for 2 weeks, cleaned the air filter, put fresh gas and carb
cleaner in it and tried to start it this morning. If you prime it
with the little bulb, it will run for ~5 seconds and then die (it
won't turn over at all unless you prime it each time). I checked the
oil and it is well above the MAX line, which I know is bad for 4 cycle
engines, but the oil was not this high before the problems started.
Is is possible that fuel or water got in the oil forcing it above the
MAX line and causing my problems?
Old 12-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Phoenix Arizona

not sure if this will help or not: with that said my rototiller
has a primer bulb and a small hose that goes into the gas tank and
when its running gas is always moving through that bulb
ive had about the same problem as your stating i took it in to a
dealor and they replaced the primer bubble and a little hose and it
worked fantastic..

Old 12-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Die Spammer !!!

you have seized the engine. you have probably scoured the cylinder walls.
most likely, you have a mower that is too small for the job. if you really
care about the mower, you could replace the rings and re-hone the cylinder
walls and be more carefull not to over work the engine. other wise, it's
no good now.

Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Die Spammer !!!

Mistercmk has an IP of 24.118.113.20 pointing to comcast.net... nice IP..
very nice IP...

Close some of those ports before you start crying tough guy...

Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Die Spammer !!!

Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Die Spammer !!!

[...]